Saturday 19 January 2013

Busy busy busy

Lots of things going on at the moment. Big stress.

I had a bagpack at tesco's on 12 January - a huge success, raising pretty much £650 exactly!!! (£649.74, but since I'm the perfectionist I felt I had to put in the extra 26 pence) Didn't expect to raise nearly that much, so a big thank you is due to everyone who helped, particularly my dear Mother who spent the whole 8 hours there with me. After how well that one went, I think I might try and get another one squeezed in before June!! Not sure how that'll go down though, what with exams and all.

Anyway, we are all in intense organisation of my ceilidh on 15 February - just 4 weeks time. Huge stress to raise awareness, make sure there will actually be enough people there to make a profit, never mind a decent amount of money. Big big stress levels right now, particularly since I have prelims this Tuesday, Thursday and Monday, and so I'm having to balance fundraising stuff with prelim revision which is not too easy. But at least I've been able to relax a little bit since I got an email from UCAS saying that "something has changed" on my UCAS page (most annoying thing ever - why don't they just tell you straight off?) and so I went on the page and lo and behold - I GOT AN UNCONDITIONAL TO MY FIRST CHOICE - Heriot Watt University!!!!! Happiest girl in the world right now, honestly. And I have a really horrendous cold so that news came just when I needed it most! Totally boosted my mood and I'm totally fine for prelims now..... I say that, but when I fail my prelims or something ghastly like that.... I'm trying not to think of the consequences. Anyway at least that lifts the stress off a little, on school terms anyway.

So, for anyone wanting to come to my ceilidh, it's at the Tom Fleming Centre at Stewart's Melville College, Queensferry Road, Edinburgh, on Friday 15 February, from 7.30 until 11pm. Tickets are £10 for adults, £5 for under 16's and it's free for under 5's. Please come along, and bring your parents, siblings, grandparents, cousins, everyone you can think of - the more the merrier!!

Thanks for reading, and sorry I don't post all that often - as I'm sure you can imagine I have very little free time (gaaaaah)...but I'm hoping my year in Peru will make up for it. And as they all say.... 
The more you put in, the more you get out.

Heather <3

No comments:

Post a Comment