Tuesday 22 January 2013

Quotes, other blogs and the Andes

Think I'm going to start putting an inspirational quote at the beginning of each post. First one will be the one my sister Lorna wrote on my birthday card back in December, my last birthday before my 18th in Peru.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page."


Feeling a bit stalkerish, but I've been looking at other people's blogs who have been to Peru with Project Trust or are there currently, and it's weird thinking that I might be in that orphanage that they're talking about, this time next year...or even in like 7 months. It's crazy. Can't believe I might even be playing with the same children they talk about, living in the same house as them...creepy as hell, I know, but it's amazing to hear about what it's actually like once you get out there. I can't imagine myself there, at all. But then again, I suppose they couldn't either, at this point last year. I'm wondering more and more where I'll be placed, because I've found two different blogs, one from a girl who was in Peru 2011 - 2012, and another who's there right now, 2012 - 2013. One really near the Amazon, one near Lima, the capital. Totally different experiences, you might think, but they'restrangely similar. I read their posts and they both seem the same, they both say the same things although I have no idea if they have a clue who each other are. Mind you, that'll probably be me next year...

Since I have no idea where I might be in Peru, and I don't have many photos up yet, here are some photos of where I could potentially be near...

Shanty town of Belen, Iquitos in the Amazon, Peru
Lima, Peru
The Peruvian Amazon

The Andes, Peru


Now, the Andes is where I would really, really, love to be for a whole year, hence the title of this blog. I will know for sure where I'll be in May, so fingers crossed until then! I know Project Trust will place me depending on what the project is like, and I don't even know if there are any projects in the Andes, but my hopes are staying strong!!

You see, I'd love to be in the Andes. It would love it! I am not a big fan of hot weather, I love going walking, I love taking pictures... Although I'm sure I will be able to do that wherever I go in Peru! I hope I'll be able to do lots of traveling within Peru or in other surrounding countries like Bolivia and Chile, and so I intend to see the Andes and hopefully Machu Picchu at some point during my year!!




Can't wait...getting more excited day by day.

Heather <3

No comments:

Post a Comment